Ban the Bag Dana Point- UPDATE
Dolphins, Whales, Marine Life and Humans unite in congratulating the City Council on the decision to act promptly to ‘Ban the Bag’ – single use plastic bags will soon no longer be welcomed in Our Ocean in Dana Point. On September 26, 2011 The City Council voted 4 to 1 to move the proposal forward.
Next step is a report expected on or near December 1st. Our City leaders acted as true leaders and stewards. We want to thank Council Members Lara Anderson, Lisa A. Barlett, Steven H. Weinberg and our very Honorable Mayor, Scott Schoeffel for their wisdom and dedication to our beloved Dana Point. The interest and support that Dana Point received from around the World was deeply felt and greatly appreciated. Together, we showed our support and desire to ‘Rise Above the Plastic.’ Thank you and please consider visiting us in Dana Point soon. Our City is focused on ensuring that our Harbor, shore and village space remains a true wonder of beauty.
We have shared your voice with our City and I want to express my deepest gratitude to all who joined us in supporting The City of Dana Point and our Council.
Here’s the video of my public comment before the City Council and their subsequent discourse and vote.
I’ll keep you updated on the progress!
As a small token of my appreciation here is an unrestricted photograph of OUR beautiful Dana Point Harbor.*
*Michael Sean Wright, As creator of the photographic works: DanaPoint_112510#5543698212175038146 and DanaPoint_112510#5544840267350994914 hereby grants full release rights to said creative works with no restrictions.
We interrupt our regular in-action to ask you to help us urge our City Leaders of Dana Point, CA to take action on the upcoming proposal to ‘Ban Single Use Plastic Bags.’ I’m not one that usually asks you to do anything in the moment but we have an opportunity to make our united voices heard- right now. The City of Dana Point, CA will be considering a measure that will ensure our Coastal area remains a beacon of health and beauty by eliminating the scourge that is the non-sustainable, single use plastic bag.
My friends and I have walked along the cliffs and shores of Dana Point after storms and picked up the plastics that were destined to reach our spectacular Ocean. It’s up to us as individuals to make sure that we do our part by stopping plastic bags from being distributed out of negligence/ ignorance.
So for the first time, I’m personally asking you to help us by signing the below petition that we will present to our City Council on Monday night. It is my hope that Dana Point will remain the wondrous destination of serenity we’ve come to love and cherish.
We know that the businesses of Dana Point will benefit by being stewards of our precious home. We strive to be leaders in the movement to put an end to our stupidity of the self-injuring practice in using non-sustainable, Ocean choking single use plastic bags.
Together, we will ‘Rise Above the Plastic.’
For a look at the impact of plastic after it rains in Dana Point, please see our Picasa Web Album (any and all pictures are OPEN Source and free to use)
- The nicefishfilms Data Stream is out! http://t.co/l59beQ1FlE ▸ Top stories today via @FilmSlateMedia
- "Why Tumblr Was a Massive Steal for Yahoo" http://t.co/28qnjpABjm (clear summation of current web scenarios)
- Homeless teen graduates as valedictorian of high school class - http://t.co/BqmYc6aQnH
- Now Television Advertisers Know You are Tweeting http://t.co/3W5UU2Ppb5
- KKR, Yahoo and Silver Lake/WME join list of Hulu suitors http://t.co/Dlz0PWjgIh
- Daft Punk's New Album, Single Set Spotify Records With 27 Million Streams http://t.co/RK40G7mAzw (brilliant work)
- Scientists work out way to use pulsars to provide self navigation to spacecraft in solar system http://t.co/XEDvCnjrDA
- here's @loudimaggio on @YouTube http://t.co/in6C7Fz53X
- what a night! @hahajim and I just wrapped a great hour w/ @loudimaggio - now that's good fodder! check out The Godfodder Podcast!
- The nicefishfilms Data Stream is out! http://t.co/l59beQ1FlE ▸ Top stories today via @nicefishfilms @SamsungMobileUS
The Power of Google; nicefishfilms a search story
Like us on Facebook